Clear Braces in Woodland Hills and Manhattan Beach
Everyone deserves to feel and look their best; sometimes, all it takes to feel amazing is a new haircut or item of clothing. Pampering ourselves can do so much for our relaxed state and confidence. However, no amount of self-care and beautifying methods can hide imperfections in our smiles. In fact, all over the globe—cultural ideas of beauty often include a straight, white, dazzling smile.
Having crooked, protruding, or misaligned teeth may make you feel self-conscious because they call attention to themselves. Additionally, crooked teeth can cause a number of oral health problems you may not even know about. Overlapping teeth are more challenging to keep clean and can disrupt the delicate balance of your occlusion, or bite. If your teeth are crooked, they may not come together correctly, causing premature wear to your enamel as well as sensitivity and jaw pain. Enamel erosion can also lead to cavities and fractures.
Adult patients in our dental practice frequently express a desire to improve the alignment of their teeth but do not like the idea of years in orthodontic brackets and wires. For patients with active social lives and high-profile jobs, concerns about a mouth full of metal for a year or more cause them to hold back on dental treatment. At Modern American Dentistry, we opted to provide a more discreet way to achieve results.
If you are in Manhattan Beach or Woodland Hills and are finally ready to get the smile you’ve always wanted, please give us a call to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Joel Gould or Dr. Gabe Adorjan.
- The Importance of Correcting Your Teeth
- What Are Invisalign Clear Braces in Woodland Hills, CA?
- Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces Manhattan Beach, CA
- What Smile Flaws Can Invisalign Treat?
- Better, Healthy Gums
- Treatment Tips for Invisalign Orthodontics
- Contact Us for an Orthodontic Evaluation
The Importance of Correcting Your Teeth
While no one can argue the cosmetic benefit of straight teeth, it’s also essential to consider the health benefits of perfectly aligned teeth.
Overcrowded teeth can create spaces for food particles and bacteria to hide, perfectly safe from your toothbrush and floss. This can lead to tooth decay, gum disease, and more. Misaligned teeth are also at risk for breaks and fractures in the enamel that happens when teeth do not line up correctly. Enamel erosion that occurs when teeth rub against each other can also lead to cavities, which may need consistent dental work.
A misaligned bite can also cause TMD (temporomandibular disorder)—resulting in headaches, clicking when opening your mouth, and pain during chewing or yawning. This is a painful disorder that can be fixed with orthodontic treatment; TMD can also lead to enamel erosion since your teeth are working harder than they need to.
Simply put, it’s in your best oral health interest to straighten your teeth. Of course, the gorgeous smile is a wonderful benefit.
What Are Invisalign Clear Braces in Woodland Hills, CA?
While Invisalign has been discussed openly in social media and online forums, many patients may not have a precise understanding of what they are and how they treat your smile.
Invisalign uses a series of clear, plastic trays to achieve the right alignment for your smile. We start by taking impressions of your smile to create your unique set of aligner trays and design your treatment plan for our dental lab. Once you receive your aligner trays, you will wear each set of aligners for approximately two weeks before moving to the next set in the series.
Each set of Invisalign clear aligners has small adjustments and delivers low force to move your teeth into appealing alignment gradually. With each new set, your teeth shift gradually without routine trips to see your dentist to tighten wires or adjust brackets. Your treatment plan through invisible braces saves you time that you would not have had with traditional braces. The length of your treatment will depend on your needs.
Dr. Gould or Dr. Adorjan can provide you with a treatment estimate so you have an idea of how long you will need to wear your trays.
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces Manhattan Beach, CA
We will be able to determine the right orthodontic treatment during your initial smile makeover consultation with Dr. Adorjan or Dr. Gould.
Invisalign is an excellent solution for patients with mild to moderate misalignment. Moderate to severe misalignment issues may need the use of metal braces. While both treatments have their unique benefits, many people enjoy Invisalign for the following reasons:
- Inconspicuous—Invisalign aligners are completely clear, so they are far less noticeable than traditional orthodontics
- Removable—You can remove your Invisalign trays before you eat and drink; you can also remove your aligner trays for special occasions, like weddings or family reunions
- Hygienic—Because you can remove your trays, oral hygiene is easy – you brush and floss normally. Your Invisalign trays are easier to keep clean than the brackets and wires of traditional metal braces
- Low-force pressure—Gradually shifts your teeth into alignment throughout your treatment
- Comfortable—The smooth plastic edges will never cut into your gums or cheeks, and will never irritate you
While treatment time may not be faster than metal braces, there are many differences between the two orthodontic treatments. Many of our patients wish they had straightened their teeth sooner!
What Smile Flaws Can Invisalign Treat?
While Invisalign clear braces can treat many smile issues, Dr. Adorjan or Dr. Gould will determine the best orthodontic solution for your needs. Common problems Invisalign can address include:
- Rotated teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- Crossbite, underbite, or overbite
- Gaps between teeth
Moderate to severe dental issues may require metal braces to treat your smile thoroughly. Give us a call today to schedule your initial evaluation.
Better, Healthy Gums
Not only are straighter teeth better for your oral health and well-being, but they can also improve your gum health!
If your teeth are overcrowded or crooked, at-home brushing and flossing can be a battle. Gum disease occurs when bacteria and plaque are allowed to build up on your enamel and stay there. By ensuring your success at fighting gum disease, you also improve your overall general health when you lower bodily inflammation.
Straightening your teeth can be the push in the right direction to maintaining your dental and general health.
Treatment Tips for Invisalign Orthodontics
While Invisalign is comfortable to wear and maintain, there are specific tips to bear in mind to ensure optimal results.
- You must wear your trays for at least 22 hours per day to achieve the best results and stay on track with your treatment. Removable braces can tempt people to leave them out longer than stated or forget to put them back in, which can set you back to square one
- Be sure to keep your routine orthodontic appointments so we can monitor your progress
- Avoid cleaning your trays with hot water—it may cause distortion
- Be sure to wear your orthodontic retainer once your treatment is complete to avoid orthodontic relapse
- Invisalign works best for older teen and adult patients
We are always happy to provide helpful tips or answer any questions or concerns regarding how to enjoy the most from your Invisalign clear braces.
Contact Us for an Orthodontic Evaluation
Our Woodland Hills and Manhattan Beach dental teams look forward to helping you achieve your goals for your smile. Our friendly and professional staff will schedule an exam for you with Dr. Joel Gould or Dr. Gabe Adorjan.
Both dentists will discuss your treatment options with you so that you can achieve the smile you have always wanted!