How can we help you?
We know that you have many choices when it comes to choosing a dentist. We are here to answer any questions you have to give you confidence in your decision. Listed below are some of the most common questions we hear from patients. If yours is not listed here, give us a call or send an email through our handy contact form. We are here to help!
Treatment for Sleep Apnea
Vitamin B-50 Complex
Nature’s Way B-50 Complex, Capsules, 100 Count
- This complex provides 50 mg. of 10 important vitamin B supplements.
- Most doses meet the USRDA.
- They also function as lipotropics which converts fats to other useful products.
Vitamin K-2 (MK7)
Foods Vitamin K-2 (MK7) Veg Capsules, 100 mcg, 60 Count
- NOW Foods’ MK-7 vitamin K2 contains a highly biologically active form of vitamin k2 derived from non-GMO natto
- Vitamin K2 and its dependent proteins have been discovered to be of vital importance for bone and vascular health
- These vitamin k2-dependent proteins are now known to play pivotal roles in the physiology of bone mineralization
NatureWise Vitamin D3 5,000 IU in Organic Olive Oil, Non-GMO, USP Grade, 360 count
NatureWise Vitamin D3 in certified organic olive oil helps to maintain healthy bones and teeth, provide immune support, and support muscle function
- Vitamin D is necessary for healthy calcium and phosphorus levels, though according to the Mayo Clinic 25% to 50% or more of the population could be deficient
- Our formula delivers the same biologically active form of vitamin D produced by the body as a result of sun exposure. Naturewise Vitamin D3 in softgel form provides all the benefits of vitamin D without the risk of unprotected exposure to UVB rays
- Made in the USA. NatureWise is an NSF certified natural supplements company. Our doctor-formulated vitamin D3 is gluten-free and non-GMO. Each bottle contains a 360-day supply of Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU per softgel
- Vitamin D3 in softgel form is easy to swallow and convenient to take. Some research indicates that vitamin D3 in liquid softgel form is more highly bioavailable than powdered or tablet forms*
Nature Made Vitamin D-3, 5000IU, 90 Softgels
- Helps support teeth health
- Helps support bone health
- Helps support immune health
- No artificial flavors
- No preservatives
We have a unique view regarding sleep apnea, and that is that the best time to correct it is as soon as possible. Children often have apnea that is undetected. If your child snores or grinds their teeth please call us immediately as these are signs of early apnea. We have the best opportunity to reverse this disease the earlier as possible. This can seriously affect the rest of your child’s life!
We highly recommend a custom fit device. Apnea is deadly, and your health is worth a custom device. One size fits all devices are usually a poor fit and can even make your apnea worse!
Sleep apnea is a silent and deadly disease we feel getting treated is your first priority. The devices are custom fit, and having broken or decayed teeth may cause problems but can be easily overcome. We prefer that your teeth are in good shape and have been cleaned recently, but it’s not critical to our program.
Depending on the severity of your sleep apnea, an oral device may work for you. Oral appliances can be ideal for people with more moderate or mild cases of sleep apnea. These sometimes can take the place of CPAP (Continuous Positive air pressure) therapy, which requires you to wear a cumbersome mask while you sleep.
Who Can Wear an Oral Sleep Apnea Device?
- Anyone with enough healthy tooth support
- Anyone with a sleep apnea score (AHI or Apnea/Hypopnea Index) below 30
- Anyone who can not or will not wear a CPAP mask
Is an Oral Appliance as Good as CPAP therapy?
CPAP is effective for everyone who can get used to wearing the mask while they sleep. However, oral devices can also be as effective in many cases.
The advantage of an oral appliance is that it's less cumbersome to use consistently. In mild to moderate apnea cases, an oral device can be equal to CPAP in effectiveness.
How Long Will an Oral Device Last?
Some dental insurance may cover replacement every three to five years, but it's different for each plan. With proper care, your oral appliance should last that length of time.
Contact Modern American Dentistry
Contact your Woodland Hills dentist at (818) 886-1076 if you're interested in learning more about an oral device for sleep apnea.
We don’t believe surgery is effective for many people, unless they have chronically enlarged tonsils, or nasal obstructions such as a deviated septum, or other unusual anatomical issues. If you have had sleep apnea surgery its important to know that surgery will not treat this disease long term.
Many insurance plans cover oral devices. We accept PPO insurance, but have a cash price for those with HMO or Kaiser Coverage. The cost includes management for 1 year. Lost or broken devices may cost extra. Each case is different and we need to see you for a consultation before quoting you any pricing.
Snoring can be a sign you have apnea, but many who do not snore test positive for sleep apnea. Only a sleep study can verify that your sleep is effective and restorative.
Snoring is a very common component of sleep apnea, but not everyone who snores has the disease. We view snoring as a very serious health risk and feel its critical to have a sleep study done to rule out apnea. We have a very specific and unique program to treat snoring if you do not have apnea.
Insomnia is a very serious disorder that is biochemical in nature. At Modern Sleep Solutions we have a unique insomnia program based on scientific research and natural non-pharmaceutical therapies.
“Having a lot on your mind” isn’t the reason you can’t sleep, its often linked to brain chemistry issues and needs to be further investigated.
People with sleep issues often have a sleep study done and are told that they do not have sleep apnea. Insomnia and poor sleep in general have been found to be associated with a Hormone deficiency and are often the early warning signs that a serious health problem is emerging. We treat many people for sleep disorders with our unique therapy program.
Yes. Those who travel frequently will benefit from having both an oral device and CPAP. Insurance will often cover both.
Proper airway development relies on proper nasal breathing. We strongly advise that you attend to any chronic issues with nasal breathing.
Superior Source Extra Strength Vitamin D 10,000 IU Tablet, 100 Count
- Promotes the development and maintenance of strong bones and teeth
- Our vitamin D products are D3, the finest source of vitamin D available
- Our instant dissolve micro lingual tablets go to work fast, under the tongue
- May also be swallowed as you would a regular tablet
Trace Minerals Research LMM01 – Mega-Mag Liquid Magnesium, 4 Ounce (Pack of 3)
- Maximum absorption
- Natural ionic magnesium with trace minerals
- Plays a role in nerve conduction; muscle contraction
- Magnesium is essential to over 400 different enzyme reactions and various other body functions
Magnesium Oil with ALOE VERA
- NATURAL, 100% PURE & TESTED – our Magnesium Oil is one of the purest natural magnesium chloride available, mixed with Certified Organic Aloe Vera – Made in USA – Big size 12 oz.
- LESS ITCHY – Organic Aloe Vera makes it less itchy, soothes the skin, leaving it soft and supple with a healthy glow ★ MAGNESIUM OIL WORKS – it’s considered to be one of the best natural remedies for sore muscles, leg cramps, headaches, migraines & various bodily aches.
- THE BEST WAY TO GET MAGNESIUM – you get 100% absorbable elemental magnesium delivered directly to your cellular level through your skin. Mined as a liquid in its ionic state, it requires no further processing by your body.
Nature’s Way Vitamin B-100 Complex, 100 Capsules
- B-Vitamins are essential to the conversion of cellular energy manufacture of hormones and proteins as well as maintenance of nerve structures. Suggested Use As a dietary supplement Take 1 capsule daily preferably with food. – Or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Jaw pain, TMJ, jaw joint pain, tooth movement, possible root canal, possible crowns or fractured teeth, headaches, and gum irritation are all normal consequences of wearing an oral device nightly. Areas of irritation should be brought to our attention as soon as possible, and are usually minor and temporary. Long term problems do happen but are not common. Overall health and breathing in sleep are the priorities when wearing a *mandibular advancement device.
Contact Our Woodland Hills Office
We welcome you to contact our Woodland Hills dental office if you have any questions or to schedule a consultation. We look forward to hearing from you.
*These devices are anchored to your teeth, and they may damage both natural tooth structure and crowns, bridges, fillings, and any restorations.