There are so many ways you can actively participate in caring for your smile. As your Manhattan Beach, CA dentist, we do everything we can to protect and maintain your teeth—but at the end of the day, most of your dental treatment is in your hands. After all, you clean and care for your smile every day, while you only see us a couple of times each year.
Oral Hygiene at Home
If you’re struggling to brainstorm ways you can improve your dental hygiene, consider some of the following suggestions:
- Floss at least once per day.
- Brush your teeth for two minutes at least twice daily, preferably after each meal or snack.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and avoid brushing too vigorously—small, gentle brushstrokes will do. Forceful brushing often leads to gum recession.
- Avoid soda, energy drinks, juices, lemonade, and carbonated beverages. The carbon dioxide, sugar, and acid in these drinks will destroy your enamel and weaken your teeth.
- Drink water throughout the day and with each meal and snack.
- Clean your entire smile each day, not just your teeth. Pay extra attention to your gum line, and brush debris and bacteria off your tongue every night.
Contact us today to schedule your dental exam and cleaning.