Invisalign Clear Braces in Woodland Hills and Manhattan Beach
Cultural ideas of beauty often include a straight, white smile. Having misaligned teeth may make you feel self-conscious. Additionally, they can cause a number of oral health problems.
Overlapping teeth are more difficult to keep clean and can disrupt the delicate balance of your occlusion, or bite. If your teeth are crooked, they may not come together correctly, causing premature wear to your teeth as well as sensitivity and jaw pain.
Adult patients in our dental practice frequently express a desire to improve the alignment of their teeth but do not like the idea of years in orthodontic brackets and wires. For patients with active social lives and high profile jobs, concerns about a mouth full of metal for a year or more cause them to hold back on treatment.
At Modern American Dentistry, we opted to provide a more discreet way to achieve results.
Invisalign Clear Braces
Invisalign uses clear, plastic trays to achieve better alignment for your smile. We start by taking impressions to create your aligner trays and design your treatment plan for our dental lab. Once you receive your aligner trays, you will wear each set for approximately two weeks before changing them out for the next set.
Each set of Invisalign aligners has small adjustments and delivers low force to gradually move your teeth into esthetic alignment. The length of your treatment will depend on your needs. Dr. Gould or Dr. Adorjan can provide you with a treatment estimate so you have an idea of how long you will need to wear your trays.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign aligners are completely clear, so they are far less noticeable than traditional orthodontics.
- You can remove your trays to eat and drink hot beverages.
- Because you can remove your trays, oral hygiene is easy – you brush and floss normally.
- Your Invisalign trays are easier to keep clean than brackets.
- You can remove your aligner trays for special occasions.
Treatment Tips for Invisalign Orthodontics
- Wear your trays for at least 22 hours per day to achieve the best results and stay on track with your treatment.
- Be sure to keep your routine orthodontic appointments so we can monitor your progress.
- Avoid cleaning your trays with hot water – it may cause distortion.
- Be sure to wear your orthodontic retainer once your treatment is complete in order to avoid orthodontic relapse.
- Invisalign works best for older teen and adult patients.
Contact Us for an Orthodontic Evaluation
Our Woodland Hills and Manhattan Beach dental teams look forward to helping you achieve your goals for your smile. Our friendly and professional staff will schedule an exam for you with Dr. Joel Gould or Dr. Gabe Adorjan. Both dentists will discuss your treatment options with you so that you can achieve the smile you have always wanted!